Black Ops II gerucht: verhaal, perks en killstreaks gelekt?
Op het internet doen al even heel wat geruchten de ronde over een lek van Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Een anonieme bron zou delen van het verhaal, de missies, en ook multiplayer perks en killstreaks hebben bekendgemaakt. Of deze kloppen is nog maar de vraag, maar wij hebben ze ook even op een rijtje gezet hieronder zodat je zelf kan beslissen om ze te lezen (thanks Dualshockers). Opgelet, vanaf de volgende zin krijg je een héleboel spoilers te verwerken.
Het verhaal en de missies:
The story revolves two things. First around Frank woods as an old man talking about his missions with Alex Mason, giving tips on how to defeat Raul Menendez which you flash back to and are able to play. Other part of the story involves Raul Menendez, a terrorist that eventually controls the worlds drone army, starting a world war. Menendez has presence in the flashback missions as well, showing how he rose to power over the years. Although there is spoilers here, I will not reveal the ending, which sounds pretty damn good from what I heard.
Afghanistan -The level that shows players riding horses in the trailer. This is a flashback mission. Meet up with Chinese soldiers to meet at a Mujahideen base, who are willing to exchange info on Menendez in exchange from helping defend them against a Russian attack. The Mujahideen betray Mason and Woods at the end of the mission.
Angola – No information given. Rumored to be the first mission.
Panama – Mission name “Let it snow”. Flashback mission. Takes place in 1989 in the invasion of Panama. Capture dictator Manuel Noriega and plant false evidence to smear his name. Mission ends with the death of Mason. Woods thinks he is assassinating Menendez, but after he shoots and checks the body, it is revealed he actually just killed Mason. Woods is shot and Manuel Noriega escapes. Woods is then rescued.
Haiti – Possible final level and/or strike force mission.
Pakistan – No information given. However, speculation about this being a future mission, recording Menendez’s conversation, driving a car, and flying a helicopter.
Al Jinan – A floating city in the middle of the ocean. Obtain information on a weapon called “Karma”. Go undercover as technicians and even user a remote controlled spider robot to control through vents to gain access to areas of the level. It is revealed that “Karma” is not a weapon, and is in fact a girl. Fight through a nightclub full of people and an outdoor mall. At the end is a choice that will effect later on in the game. Karma is taken captive by enemies and you must stop her from escaping. Use a sniper rifle to either kill or disable her.
U.S.S. Barack Obama – An aircraft carrier. Menendez is held captive. While he is being interviewed, Menendez escapes while the Cordis Die group attacks. Near the end of the mission, player is able to actually play as Menendez, taking hostages, then escape while shooting gas grenades with a launcher.
Singapore (Strikeforce mission) – No information. Gameplay demos online show this level better than the info I had available.
Yemen(Strikeforce mission) – No information
Yemen (Non strikeforce, regular mission) – Play as Fahrid, an undercover informant. This mission contains a choice that can effect the rest of the story. Harper is taken captive and Mendez gives you a gun and tell you to shoot him. You can either choose to shoot and kill Harper to maintain your cover, or to shoot Menendez. If player chooses to shoot Menendez, he will grab your gun then shoot the player. Player then plays as Mason. In either decision, Mendez is captured at the end of the mission.
Nicaragua – Flashback mission with Woods and Mason.
Myanmar – Obtain a rare earth element from an enemy base. Start the mission in a squirrel suit flying through a rainy landscape.
Los Angeles – Shown in the E3 demo. Highlights include flying a jet and driving a truck.
Dit zijn de volledige lijstjes van de multiplayer perks en streaks.
- UAV – Standard COD killstreak
- Care Package – Standard COD kill streak
- RC-XD – Same that was in Black Ops 1. Remotely control an RC car with explosives on it.
- Microwave Turret – Place this on the on the ground to trap enemies in a wave of microwave energy. If the enemy is in it for too long, they die.
- Death Machine – Same killstream from Black Ops 1.
- Hellstorm Missile – Same to the Predator missle in MW3, except it can deploy a cluster bomb before impact if the player wishes.
- Multiple grenade launcher – A rapid fire grenade launcher.
- QR Drone – Control a quadrotor, flying through the map, shooting enemies.
- AI Tank – Similar to the assault drone in MW3
- Sentry Gun – Your typical COD sentry gun. Can remotely control it.
- Orbital VSAT – Similar to the Advanced UAV in MW3, but cannot be shot down, and has the enemies painted on minimap. Their position and directional information is shown in real time.
- Single Seeker Drone – Launch a single seeker drone that flies into the air and seeks out the nearest enemy and kills them.
- EMP – Same as in MW3
- Helicopter gunner – Control a helicopter gunner. Includes feature to move across map when player wishes to change position.
- Lodestar – A plane that flies over the map. Player can control it shooting rockets down at the enemies.
- Helicopter escort – Have a helicopter that follows you from above, shooting enemy players.
- Attack Dogs – Same kill streak from Black Ops 1
- Drone Swarm – The top killstreak. Call in a swam of drones overhead that will seek out and kill enemies.
- Ghost – No information
- Fast Hands – Swap weapons faster and throw grenades faster.
- Dexterity – Climb obstacles faster
- Lightweight – Either run faster, or run longer
- Flak Jacket – Same as in Black Ops 1.
- Tactical mask – Resistant against flash bangs, concussion grenades, spikes, EMP grenades
- Cold blooded – no information
Waar of niet waar? Vorig jaar was de lek over Modern Warfare 3 alvast niet fout, deze lijkt wel net iets minder strak te zitten.